Thursday, January 25, 2018

FDA Advisory Warning Against the Use of Goree and Renow-D

This will be super quick. I know I highly recommended Renow-D. I'm taking that back. Apparently, it has levels of mercury that Philippine health authorities do not consider safe. I know there are people who think, "Meh, I've been using it for years. Look, I'm still well and pretty." I say, "Okay. Go use it for a couple more years. Enjoy what's coming to you."

Goree sellers are a crazy bunch, aren't they? I've seen their reactions on Facebook Groups and man are they mad. I know selling is your bread and butter, and this FDA Advisory could make you lose a few thousands for unsold inventory. But think of the people whose lives and skin you'll save by having functional consciences. You sell something worth what, P500? P800? Do you have any idea how much your buyers would spend when the time comes when the mercury in their system finally runs its show?

Google MAD AS A HATTER. The phrase originated in the 19th century when hat-makers were observed to have odd behaviors - oddness we now call mental disorders. Hat-makers were regularly exposed to mercury as it was used in the production of felt. If insanity does not scare you, here's what else is in store for you in the name of whiter kili kili:


Not the fanciest image. Told you I'm in a rush. 

You may also search Google Images for MERCURY POISONING. Oh, and if you're pregnant and using Goree on your underarms because the sellers who care so much about your health and well being told you it's safe... CONGRATULATIONS!!! You're risking your baby's life. Your baby might survive but you might wanna start saving now for lifelong medications. All for your kili kili, mom!

Also, the armpits absorb topical products quite well. Anything you put on it goes to your system quicker than products applied on other skin areas.

Goree sellers, enjoy your P100 markup. I hope you sell enough to make you wealthy. And stop using your "fake yung tinest ng FDA" argument on your buyers. The FDA are not an uneducated bunch that buys its test products from bangketas and online shops that can't even spell properly. I don't always trust the FDA, but I don't ever trust cosmetics sellers with poor grammar and logic. 

ADDENDUM RANT

If Renow-D is that dangerous, why was it allowed to be sold in major drugstores?!!! I am majorly enraged!!! Somebody's not doing their job. I mean, if I bought something from Watson's or Mercury drug I would believe it's at least tested for toxicity. I feel betrayed!!!



3 comments:

  1. I’ve been using Renow-d for around 10years now... not everyday, but I do when I feel like i have breakouts or what not. I saw the FDA Advisory but I also saw their license on the FDA is page. They even have their validity dated until march 2019. Now I’m really confused if i should stop or not. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly why I don't always trust the FDA. They approve licenses for products they only test for toxicity years later. They're not doing their job properly. I'd stop using Renow-D if I were you. There are safer alternatives out there. You just need to look for what works for you. What kind of skin type do you have?

    ReplyDelete