Thursday, November 19, 2020

Biore UV Perfect Protect Milk Review

 I have been neglecting my skin the past months. And I am aware of all the repercussions. I have sun spots and my fine lines have multiplied tremendously. Stress levels have gone through the roof that it's been hard just doing basic skin care.

I'm not really a fan of sunscreen, although I know I should be. I just have never found anything good. Like, once in a while, I'd stick to a product, and then weeks later I'd finally have the courage to admit it's what's causing my breakouts. So for sun protection, I'd go for face products with SPF. My foundation, BB cream, concealer, powder and blusher will have some form of SPF. And because I know they're not enough, I'd have physical sun protection in the form of hats, fans, glasses, face mask, scarf, and obsessively avoid the sun so I'm almost always indoors. (I know, you can still get sun damage indoors! I know.)

The older I get, the more I regret not looking for a sun protection product that works for my skin. I guess it's just I've basically given up because nothing seemed to work. They're all gooey, uncomfortable, and makes a mess of my makeup. I mean, my face is already oily to begin with and sunscreen just makes it oilier so nothing stays put.

The closest to okay product that I've used is from a Korean brand. It's in a wide, yellow tube. I have poor memory so I'm guessing it's from Innisfree. It was okay in that it makes the skin look fresh and bright, and cream foundation sticks well to it. The problem is it's so difficult to remove. At the end of a long day, I'd really just prefer washing my face with soap and be done with my face. But this sunscreen requires an entire routine for taking it off: oil cleansing, toner/micellar water, and then soap or a foaming cleanser. Otherwise, washing with just soap leaves the face feeling like there's leftover glue inside the pores. 

Other sunscreen products I've tried just makes me break out right off the bat. Sunscreen can be expensive so I really don't bother anymore.

Until recently. My skin had been begging me to finally get something for sun protection. I was still in a crappy mood, so I ordered whatever my Shopee seller had in stock. Which is this:

Biore UV Perfect Protect Milk Review. Perfect sunscreen and skin protectant. Affordable and effective. Price and benefits.

Biore has a good reputation. I've used Biore products in the past and they were okay. Not remarkably good, but I don't remember breaking out or having a crazy skin reaction. This product in particular boasts of PA+++ and SPF 50+ so I have high expectations. 

It has 3 varieties: Moisturizing, Cool, and one other variant. I chose the cool one because with sunscreen, comfort comes before anything else. I was worried the moisturizing one would be too sticky. 

This product is cooling, alright. It has menthol, which does a good job providing some heat relief. The problem is that it stings my eyes. So I need to close my eyes during application. I'd do one side of my face first and close that one eye, and then wait a bit, and then do the other side and close both eyes. I have sensitive eyes so. 

The finish is good. Most other sun protection products I've tried either go on transparent or with a shiny finish. This one goes on matte but bright. Almost like a cream to powder finish and feel. It also looks natural, no white cast, though to be honest, I have not tried it under flash photography. 

What surprised me about this product is that it performed quite well under stress. I was in the middle of a crazy situation with this on my face from 1 PM to 1 AM (roughly 12 hours in total) and this product did not break me out. I was really expecting to get rashes, and tiny itchy pimples, which usually happens when I let a product stay on my face for too long. I looked in the mirror before washing my face, and surprisingly, this was still intact. No rash, no pimple, no irritation, whatsoever.

Okay, I just checked the bottle, and guess what: it says it has an anti-bacterial formula. That explains. 

Let's examine the list of ingredients:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol, Water, Zinc Oxide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl Methacrylate, Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Talc, Glycerin, Methicone, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-9, PEG-3 Dimethicone, Menthol, Fragrance, BHT, Tocopherol, Oryza Sativa Germ Oil, Phenoxyethanol, o-Cymen-5-ol.

As you can see, there's Rice Germ Oil for anti-bacterial purposes, Vitamin E for anti-oxidant protection, and Glycerin for moisturization. 

Removal is not a pain. This goes off with my regular soap. (I know, I should stop using soap on my face! I know.) Sometimes just to be sure, I use Wonderpore toner after washing my face to see if there are traces of this product on the cotton ball - there usually ain't any.

It cost me less than P300 or $6 for a 25 ml bottle. For everyday use, this could last for a month or two. It takes about four to five drops to cover the entire face.

I highly recommend this product for daily wear. I am yet to try it under heavy makeup or flash photography, so I'm updating this post when I finally do. Update later.

No comments:

Post a Comment