Thursday, November 19, 2020

Amway Artistry Ideal Radiance Serum & Essence Concentrate Review

 A little back story: my sister was invited to this event. They were told it was for a free Chinese language workshop and so my sister went. She was disappointed to find out it was conducted by a Singaporean group whose main agenda was to sell Amway products. LOL. I don't know if any Chinese phrases were taught, but she came home with samplers of Amway products. 

She gave some to me. And so we're here to review. (The marketing trick was effective, you see, I'm here reviewing their products!)

So I'm not really fond of multi-level marketing products. Avon cosmetics are okay, sometimes they are at par with non-MLM brands such as Maybelline, Ponds and Olay. I have no negative experience with products per se, it's that MLM employs immoral tactics and that's something that does not sit well with my consumption practices. Posting this video to open eyes:


I discourage people from supporting MLM brands. I've been putting off this review for weeks because I don't want to contribute to MLM popularity. I realized I could just post that video up there whilst reviewing their product. Because honestly, these particular Amway products aren't bad. And maybe Amway can send me some more from their premium Artistry line. LOL

The Ideal Radiance line promises "Brighter, Lighter, More Lumious Skin"

Amway artistry ideal radiance serum and essence concentrate honest review. Beauty blog for acne, dark spots, fine lines, wrinkles, and skin aging.

The samplers I got were the Complexion Serum Concentrate and the Spot Essence Concentrate. The first one targets "early signs of discoloration like blemish marks, dull areas, and blotchy, uneven skin tone." The Spot Essence targets "stubborn age spots, dark spots, and UV spots." Directions for both are the same: "Pump 2-3 times onto your palm. With your fingertips, smooth over face and neck."

Both product samplers came in 0.75 ml and 1 ml sachets. Not exactly enough to see miracles. Nonetheless, I'd like to commend both products. Because both did not irritate my skin. I used the Complexion Serum Concentrate first, only at the parts of my face that do not get pimples. My skin did not itch nor show signs of irritation. 

The first thing that impressed me was the fragrance. I usually don't like products with fragrances, but this line smelled divine I forgot the fragrance might irritate my skin. Reminds me of Versace Bright Crystal without the signature vapor-like aftersmell. It smells like a toned-down, Bright Crystal with a fuller aroma. It's also quite an experience to apply on the skin. It feels luxurious. I know the smell has a lot to do with that effect. But the texture is also noteworthy. 

As for product effectiveness, again, the samplers were too tiny. I think it took a week each to consume the products. Right after my nightly application, and upon waking the next day, skin felt soft, plump and smooth. Skin also appeared brighter, but I have two pimple marks in the area that I was hoping to fade with the products, but they did not budge.

Nonetheless, I liked the line so much that I was willing to (gasp) make a purchase. Thankfully, they didn't have any on Shopee. LOL. (Hi, Amway, sponsor me?) I researched online and (gasp) prices range from $35 to $70+, which converts to P1,750 to P3,500+. So, no, not buying. (You can still send me some, Amway.)

Now, do I recommend purchasing? Nope. Out of principles. Did I like the products? Yep. I'm simply not paying that much.




No comments:

Post a Comment