Thursday, July 23, 2020

Mulan 4 in 1 Whitening X30 Review

I'd like to mention this early on that I think the packaging and overall branding is poorly, poorly, poorly designed.



So it's quite clear that the branding is trying to capture the Oriental pale skinned princess vibe. They seemed to have tried to make it look like Disney Mulan to capture attention, without making it look like Disney Mulan to avoid trademark issues. I think it's... crass. But I bought it anyway, so I guess I'm crass myself.

I was meaning to buy Relumins, the only oral glutathione product that has worked satisfactorily on my skin. But this thing was on sale from the same online store, and someone I sort of know has amazing skin who swears by this so I bought a bottle just to see if it works despite its crappy packaging and unbelievable price (P250 a bottle for a month use!)

This product has got some very clever marketing tricks up its sleeve. Not that these tricks are purely evil, but it's simply not a nice thing to do, you know, when you try to sell something by making it look like something that it isn't.

1) The Mulan brand name and the Mulan cartoon that sorta resembles Disney Mulan. If I were at a physical store and I saw this bottle from a few meters away, I'd think, oh hey look, Disney now sells whitening products. It's an effective way to capture attention, but also an effective way to get people suspicious of your products.

2) The "X30." I mean, if I were a skincare newbie and I saw this on the bottle, I'd think this meant it's 30 times more effective than another product. A closer inspection would show that there really isn't anything about it that justifies an X30 label. (Addendum: Ha. So I guess it's there to mean, there's... dun dun dun dun... 60 capsules inside for a 30 day consumption? Ha.)

3) And then there's this:



4) Front label says it contains Pearl Whitening 6,000 mg. Back label says it contains only 100 mg of Pearl Powder per capsule.

5) Front label says it contains Premium Collagen Peptide 15,000 mg. Back label says it contains only 250 mg per capsule.

6) Front label says it contains L-Glutathione 6,000 mg. Back label says it contains only 100 mg per capsule.

7) Front label says it contains NAC booster 3,000 mg. Back label says it contains only 50 mg per capsule.

So, as you can tell, this product employs weird weird ways of getting people to buy it. I'd say this should be called out. Unfortunately, the Health Supplements Industry allow such practices with no legal consequences. This is exactly why brands can sell milk as a beauty product (for collagen and strong bones), when it's really just the usual powdered milk that kids drink - yes, those have Vitamin E, D and collagen too. Or why networking companies are free to sell coffee as a beauty product (with antioxidants and anti aging components), when it's really just the usual instant coffee mix with a tiny, unverifiable amount of powdered herbs.

Anyway, because there is no actual law against it, we are not complaining. I just wish beauty product manufacturers would get a little honest, you know. Why say it has 6,000 mg of Glutathione when it only has 100 mg per capsule? Are consumers supposed to right away understand that they get 6,000 mg worth of that ingredient after taking 60 capsules? 

So I figured I'd just take 2 capsules a day, and not expect anything amazing. I can't really say it whitened my skin, because I've been out under the sun the entire month I was using this. What bothered me is that I was never without a chin pimple every single day I was on this beauty pill.

BOTTOMLINE

Not recommending this. Sorry. I should've gone by Relumins. If it helps though, the woman who did recommend this have amazing amazing skin for someone in her 40s. Again, I was out the whole time I was on this so I can't say anything positive regarding its whitening effectiveness. I also found out while writing this that Mulan has lactose, which breaks me out.

If you're looking for something to whiten your skin, go by Relumins. If you're broke and looking for something cheap for your oral whitening needs, try Daiso Beauty White. Doesn't whiten as effectively as Relumins, but it does make the skin bright.

1 out of 5 stars.

REDEEMING QUALITIES

*FDA Approved
*Halal Certified
*GMP Certified
*Affordable at P250 per bottle
*might work for those with generally fair skin and have no lactose issues

So I guess I'm saying, I didn't like it at all, but it works for some and you don't really lose much for the price. Still 1 out of 5.

WHERE TO BUY

PREMIUM MULAN Collagen Peptide + Pearl Powder + Glutathione + NAC 60 Capsules 500mg


Relumins Advance Nutrition Gluta 1000 - Reduced L-Glutathione Complex - 30 CAPSULES


7 comments:

  1. Gumagamit ako nito , in my opinion and base sa reaction ng katawn ko hiyang aq dito . Mas hnd pa nga ako hiyang sa relumins kasi tinadtad ako ng pimples unlike sa mulan nagglow balat ko hnd nga lang kasing bilis pumuti but sa 2 months kong pag gamit nglight nman kahit papano 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, Mulan has 60 capsules. So when they said that it has 6000 mg of pearl whitening but on the back it just says 100 mg, it is because you have to multiply 100 mg by 60 capsules, therefore all in all the 60 capsules have 6000 mg of pearl whitening altogether. The same with other contents. Just multiply it by 60 capsules kasi nakalagay naman sa likod na per capsule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange. Oral supplements are not supposed to be measured in cumulative terms as they do not stay in the body for a prolonged period of time for them to be measured and represented that way. But then again, oral supplement labels are yet to be standardized within legal parameters. So I guess manufacturers can get away with whatever they feel like putting on the labels.

      Delete
  3. 2 months na ako gumagamit nito at nag light tlga skin ko

    ReplyDelete
  4. Basta po ako, amazing ang result sa akin ng mulan, pumuti talaga ako in taking 3 bottles already. Masarap ang tulog, I'm 41, suffered insomia in years but when taking mulan, na correct, sarap ng tulog ko. Cguro hiyangan lang naman ang mga umiinom, merong hindi hiyang tulad mo po 😊😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. FOr.me hiyang ako sa mulan one year user na ako nito napaka.effective talaga siyaka ang bilis tumubo kuko ko at isa pa pinapa light niya skin ko at naging maganda din ang buhok ko dito kaya sa mga hindi.pa user ng mulan , gumamit.na kayo at im sure.hindi.kayo.magsisi

    ReplyDelete