Friday, August 7, 2020

Usana CellSentials Minerals + Ascorbic Acid Review

Usana Cellsentials Bottle review. Blog for health, skin care, beauty, and immune improvement. Price and benefits.


Hello, my open-minded friends.

Okay. In case you have not seen my other MLM product review, here you go: USANA POLY C REVIEW. In case you did not click on the link, here's a disclaimer: I AM NO MLM MARKETER. I happen to have gotten bottles for free from my mom and because there's an ongoing health scare I took them. Know that I, too, am as close-minded as you are. 

So, CellSentials. I'd tell you right off the bat: I honestly think that MLM products are ridiculously overpriced. Nonetheless, I feel like out of all MLM health supplements, USANA products are the most decent in terms of effectiveness and safety.

A 28-pill bottle costs P950, making it P33.93 per pill. Most other multivitamin+mineral brands cost about half to a quarter of that price. Revicon, Centrum, and Kirkland are all below P20 a pill. Maybe it's the research and product development, maybe it's the premium quality ingredients, maybe it's MLM - who knows why it's double to quadruple the price of other similar supplements. 

Buuut we're not here to criticize their business ethics, or the morality of MLMs. We're here to see if the product is effective or not. 

Looking at the label, this pill contains the following:

  • 56.25 mg of Magnesium - for general health (immune support, blood pressure regulation)
  • 56.25 mg of Calcium - for bones and teeth
  • 150 mg of Ascorbic acid - for wound healing and collagen production
  • 48 mg of N-Acetyl L-Cysteine - for detoxification and production of glutathione
  • 750 mcg of Boron - for building bones and muscles
  • 5 mg of Zinc - for fighting viruses and bacteria
  • 75 mcg of Chromium - for improvement of insulin sensitivity
  • 125 mcg of Iodine - for production of thyroid hormones
  • 50 mcg of Selenium - for metabolism and thyroid function
  • 500 mcg of Manganese - for metabolism of cholesterol and carbohydrates
  • 500 mcg of Copper - for formation of red blood cells
  • 10 mcg of Vanadium - for regulating blood sugar
  • 12.5 mcg of Molybdenum - for breaking down toxins in the body
  • 750 mcg of trace minerals - random good stuff
For P33.93 each intake, you are not getting robbed. Maybe you are, but you are getting a good dose of good stuff. I need to remind myself that I got this product for free. Sorry.

So yeah. It's a good product overall. It's not to be taken in an empty stomach because of its Zinc content. Trust me, you'll get headaches. It's also best taken with food and its partner pill. Usana has a separate pill for vitamins, which I will be reviewing next. 

Bottomline: If you have the money to spare, this is possibly the best mineral supplement out there. I mean, they claim to be the most effective, and I feel like taking their word for it. My only issue is that, like USANA POLY C, the CellSentials line have no desiccant, so pills are prone to spoilage especially in hot and humid environments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment