Thursday, August 6, 2020

Usana Vitamins Poly C Review

So I'm still on my oral supplements adventure. This is partly triggered by the ongoing pandemic. I'm trying to take as many health supplements as I can heh. I know, I'm aware this can get counterproductive considering how the liver has no pain receptors and therefore has no way to tell me that my beauty pills are wreaking havoc in my system. So now we're here, down this rabbit hole of multilevel marketing supplements. 

I am no fan of multilevel marketing. I mean, if anything, I enjoy MLM hate memes as much as any other MLM victim. I just happen to receive some bottles from my mom. And because of the health scares, I'm like, yes, give me health pills. 

This won't be a hate post. I'll try my hardest not to post MLM hate memes. I'll try to review the product like it does not have a tinge of overpricing and deceptive marketing. I'll try my hardest to make this as wholesome as possible. 

As the name implies, Poly C is a Vitamin C product. We all know what Vitamin C is for, but just in case you live under a rock, Vitamin C does the following:
  • Supports immune function
  • Supports eye health
  • Supports collagen synthesis
  • Maintains bones
  • Maintains gums
  • Maintains teeth
  • As an antioxidant, helps fight free radicals that make people old and ugly
  • When taken in high levels with Glutathione, bleaches the skin
So Vitamin C supports and maintains all sorts of stuff. What makes Usana different, according to Usana, is that their Vitamin C stays in the blood in higher levels than Vitamin C formulations of other brands. 

Aside from 600 mg of Ascorbic Acid, Poly C also has the following:
  • 65 mg Citrus Bioflavonoids - a good mix of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory stuff
  • 7 mg Rutin - helps with eyesight problems, weight maintenance, and blood circulation
  • 3 mg Quercetin Dihydrate - also an antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory
Usana products, for some reason, do not have desiccants (moisture absorbing packs) in their bottles. Considering they package their products in bottles of 56 - 120 pieces, which takes months to finish, it would be wise not to let their pills be exposed to moisture inside the bottles. Unless, of course, they think you'd just buy another bottle in case the pills go bad after a few weeks.

The pills are larger than your regular pills or capsules. So they're tad bit harder to swallow. They do not smell funky. Well, they do after a few weeks inside the bottle. 

Are these effective? I can't tell for sure. I take Poly C along with KB Glutathione for skin bleaching purposes, and I do not really see any effect at week 4. But then maybe it's because I'm often out under the sun. I also do not see any glow I used to see while taking Gluta with Vitamin C pills. But then maybe it's because I've been staying up late recently. 

Poly C does not make my tummy hurt. I get random headaches, but it could be from something else. Sorry, this review is too inconclusive it's pretty useless. Ha. I mean, I don't really have anything extra special to say about Vitamin C. 

The Good: it's free. Ha. It does not make my tummy hurt. Also, I'd like to believe the MLM marketers that this is premium Vitamin C, so it does its job better than other brands. 

The Bad: it's expensive when it's not free. This sells for around PHP1,200 for a bottle of 120 pills Making it PHP10 per pill. Most Vitamin C brands in the market sell for PHP5 to PHP8 a pill. Also, NO DESICCANT!!!

BOTTOMLINE: I'M NOT BUYING, BUT I'D GLADLY TAKE ANOTHER BOTTLE FOR FREE, THANKS.

1 comment:

  1. Got also a bottle for free. I’m kind of untrusting with most supplements tho. Not sure if I’d want to get my dose of vit c from this instead of real food.

    ReplyDelete