Thursday, January 7, 2021

Cyme 30 Protect Sunscreen Review

 

Cyme 30 Protect Sunscreen Review. Price and benefits. Blog for Sale Philippines.

I have been abusing my skin the past months disregarding all warnings from family about the dangers of sun exposure. The pandemic just changes people in ways that are often not beneficial for aesthetics. I've seen women everywhere ditch the polished, made up look for a more natural, hairy, near barbaric look. I am not complaining, because honestly, this is too comfortable. Who doesn't want to live what could possibly be the last days, weeks, months of their lives in comfort? 

Nonetheless, I realized if I do survive the pandemic, I'm going to have to spend years of my life with sun damaged, ugly skin. So I thought I'd do something about it. Even if it may be a little too late for preventive protection. 

I discovered this tube of sunscreen in my drawer. I'm not familiar with the brand, and thought this might have been a gift I forgot about. I searched all over Google and didn't really find much about the brand.  Apparently, CyMe is a product line of Massage Envy - a provider of massage and facial services in the US.

I'm not sure if I can trust a massage and facial services store to produce good quality skin care products. I mean, when products are, well, produced, for the heck of expanding a brand, it's often not good. The logic being, it's produced for the purpose of brand extension, not really for customer satisfaction. I've bought lotion from a hair rebonding salon and it was... garbage. It's coz production is not really their main business function, and they most likely outsource the production, research, design, packaging, etc. However, CyMe is a skin care brand from a skin care service store, so maybe, just maybe, they actually meant for their products to be more than just token purchases for bored clients who are waiting for their turn at the massage bed. 

I didn't use this on my face, because I could not find reviews online. I have crazy sensitive facial skin so I read reviews before applying anything on my face. I used this on my neck, arms and legs.

Label: REFRESHING GEL SUNSCREEN. Broad Spectrum SPF 30.

"A weightless, moisture-rich, water-free facial sunscreen that smooths the skin with shea and aloe, promoting a refreshed velvety finish to the face." 

Claims: Waterproof for 80 minutes.
Scent: It's supposedly fragrance-free, but it does smell a bit. The scent is reminiscent of rubber and plastic toys.
Feel: Rather thick. Velvety. It feels comforting on dry, stretched skin. Like cocoa butter. Surprisingly not sticky. 
Packaging: Does not look like a haphazardly designed brand extension product. Does not look cheap. Reminds me of Avene. 
Price: $18 for 2 ounces or a month of daily use. 

Obviously, there's no way for me to tell if this works at all. I didn't really sunbathe so I can't tell if it protected my skin from sunburn. So I'm just gonna assume it does what it's supposed to do. As for its other reviewable qualities, I'm giving it 4 stars out of 5. Repurchase? I don't know, I don't think this is available in the Philippines. Recommend? Yes for beach use. Beach in windy, non-humid areas. I don't think I'll be comfortable using something velvety for sports or gardening or outdoor activities except for short bouts of recreation under the sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment