Sunday, January 24, 2021

Review: L-Lysine Supplement for Beauty

 

Mason Natural L Lysine Supplement for immune support 500 mg bottle review blog for sale Philippines
I'm still currently obsessed with taking non-beauty supplements for beauty. I recently started taking Mason Natural L-Lysine 500 mg. Initially, I wasn't sure what this was for, but I did a quick Google search and found out that L-Lysine helps the body produce more collagen, so I decided to start taking it for kicks.

I used to take Collagen supplements from Daiso. For some reason, the one in green packaging was okay, but the one in pink packaging caused massive breakouts. Pills from both green and pink packaging made the same claims, and the only difference was one being good for 20 days, and the other for 15 days, I think. I don't know. I mean, collagen is supposed to be good for the skin, I don't know why the one in pink packaging wanted to destroy my face. 

Anyway, so L-Lysine. This is not for beauty enthusiasts. The packaging clearly says *may support* immune function. I'm glad they do not make hasty claims, unlike locally produced and marketed supplements. L-Lysine *may or may not* support immune function and claims nothing else.

At the back of the bottle, it shows that 1 tablet contains 72 mg of Calcium in the form of Dicalcium Phosphate, and 500 mg of L-Lysine in the form of L-Lysine Hydrochloride. I did a bit of research and found that L-Lysine increases the amount of Calcium in the body. What this means to us, beauty enthusiasts, is that this is going to help us maintain good posture, good facial structure, and nicer teeth. In theory.

You're supposed to take 1 tablet 1 to 2 times daily with food. I only take 1 just to be sure this doesn't destroy my face the way pink Collagen from Daiso did. 

I did further research about Lysine and found out that there are studies concerning its promising role in the prevention of inflammatory acne. What is inflammatory acne, you ask? To oversimplify things, it's the kind of acne that isn't caused by dirty hands, unwashed pillow cases, cheap makeup, and under-washed skin. Inflammatory acne is what you get when you've done everything you can to keep everything clean and nice, and yet you still wake up with disgusting spots, generally around the mouth and nose. Inflammatory acne is caused by internal factors such as poor gut bacteria, stress, and irregular sleep.

Here's a bit of science regarding the effects of L-Lysine on collagen production. What it basically says, is that Lysine helps build collagen. Collagen helps the skin stay firm and elastic, therefore preventing wrinkles, sagging, and premature aging.

Lysine isn't naturally produced by the body, so it has to be taken from external sources such as meat, dairy, fish, and avocados. It's beneficial to take supplements just to be sure there's a steady amount of Lysine in the diet.

As a bonus, Lysine happens to help ease anxiety - this link show some interesting information: Lysine helps reduce both chronic and stress-induced anxiety. Ha. Makes you pretty and unfidgety.

It's too early to tell whether Lysine is effective in making my skin look young, or me feel less anxious. The only thing that matters to me at this moment is that Lysine has not broken out my skin so far. It's only been days, I know, but Daiso Collagen in pink packaging traumatized me so much that anything collagen has to prove itself worthy before I put it in my mouth. Mason Natural has not done anything ridiculous so far, so I'm giving it 3 months of fair trial.

Updating this in 3 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment