Saturday, February 6, 2021

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion Review

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion Bottle Review. Price and benefits. Blog for sale Philippines

I recently reviewed Eucerin Body Wash, which I have been singing praises for. It's the ultimate solution to washing dry skin. My skin had improved so much ever since switching to Eucerin.

But just to make sure my skin stays pretty despite sun exposure, stress, poor nutrition (sorry) and aging, I use body lotion:
  • Once a day during the summer (March to May)
  • Twice a day during the rainy season (June to November)
  • Three times a day during the windy season (December to February)
I simply cannot live without lotion. In my younger days, I'd pour whitening lotion all over my body. I was obsessed with fair skin, but could not do without outdoor activities, so whitening lotions took all my money. In recent years, I found that whiteners are not for aging skin. It made me a little sad, but I moved on quite quickly, and went about looking for the best moisturizing lotion for my skin type. 

I've tried several moisturizing supermarket brands: Cetaphil, Nivea, Olay, Jergens, Vaseline, Suave, even inhouse products from Watson's, the Body Shop, and random organic stuff. The best I've found so far is from Aveeno. 

Dermatologists have always agreed on colloidal oatmeal being the best ingredient for moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, healing products. I remember being in total shock at how nice my skin was after washing it with colloidal oatmeal soap, but that's a different story. I've always loved oatmeal for skin.

What oatmeal does is it binds to skin to form a protective layer. This layer protects the skin from external stressors such as harsh temperatures, friction, and other irritants. All this while locking the moisture in. Oatmeal is perfect for all skin issues, from acne, to allergies, to eczema, to sun damage. Aveeno uses Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour. 

This lotion also works perfectly because it's fragrance-free. I'd have preferred something that smells nice, as applying lotion is one way for me to relax and I missed applying luxurious-smelling products. But, Aveeno is just so good and wholesome that I no longer mind.

Other bad stuff it's free from: parabens, phthalates, talc, toulene, mineral oil, and chemical sunscreens. 

The texture is somewhat like thin but not sticky petroleum jelly. It feels light, spreads nicely, absorbs quickly. It's a different sensory experience from creamier lotions. It leaves the skin oddly matte, too. Other lotions usually have ingredients like titanium dioxide that leaves the skin subtly shimmery. Aveeno has nothing like that, this leaves the skin looking like normal, healthy, youthful skin, which should really be the goal. 

What I got is the Daily Moisturizing Lotion, it's the most basic variant. Unlike other brands that have an entire range of lotions with varying fragrances, Aveeno only has this basic variant, the basic variant plus sunscreen, and lotions for babies.

Ingredients:
  • Water
  • Glycerin
  • Distearyldimonium Chloride
  • Petrolatum
  • Isopropyl Palmitate
  • Cetyl Alcohol
  • Oat Flour
  • Benzyl Alcohol
  • Sodium Chloride
Pretty basic list. I know people have issues with using petroleum in beauty products. But everything I've read so far are inconclusive. At the moment, what matters is that it works. I am more concerned with harsh exfoliating ingredients, chemical sunscreens and cancer-causing brighteners.

This can be bought for P850-P950 locally for a 591 ml pump bottle. Landers Online also has the smaller bottle for P550. 

Recommend? Absolutely. I found out about this product from a friend who suffers from major eczema every windy season. This is the only thing that has helped soothe her flare ups. 5 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment