Friday, April 9, 2021

CosRx All Green Comfort Sun SPF 50 PA++++ Sunscreen Review


I've ran out of my trusted sunscreen, Biore UV Perfect Protect Milk, and so I haphazardly ordered random sunscreens on Shopee.

Today I'll be reviewing a promising product from skincare groupies' favorite brand CosRx.

I've been watching YouTube videos of skin vloggers and they are still raving about Centella Asiatica. I wasn't exactly Googling what sunscreens have this miracle ingredient, so I was pleasantly surprised that my random Shopee order included a product with this ingredient. 

Centella Asiatica, as I've mentioned in a previous post, is an all around miracle worker. What it basically does is calm the skin, help wounds heal, stimulate collagen production, improve circulation, and make the skin healthier and more resilient. 

It also has Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract, or white water lily extract, which brightens the skin. It has anti-inflammatory, soothing, and hydrating properties. It's used in products made for super sensitive skin.

Another ingredient is Artemisia Caliaris Extract, which protects the skin from toxins and environmental stressors.

And just to prove it's all green and filled with nothing but goodness, this is an EWG approved product. EWG, or Environmental Working Group, is an organization that advocates corporate accountability through research and information dissemination. They assess products and systems to make sure that consumers and the environment are protected from unethical manufacturing processes. If something is EWG approved, it's deemed safe from cancer-causing toxins, and other hormone-disrupting ingredients. 

Now that we know that it's SAFE, the question remains, is it EFFECTIVE? 

You know, with sunscreen and all the Korean scandal from last year about brands hiking up their SPFs and PA++++++ just to boost sales, I've taken product labels with a grain of salt. If a product label says it's SPF 50, I take it as SPF 25 and reapply the sunscreen as often as I remember throughout the day when I'm out under the sun.

I've so far not suffered from sunburn and have not noticed spots since using this product, but there's no way to really tell. We either trust the brand or we don't. The risk is more or less the same with any sunscreen product (except Chinese brands with dubious packaging and ridiculously low prices - please don't support knockoffs!)

What I love about this product, aside from all its glorious promises, is that it's not sticky. It has a creamy texture that takes a while to absorb into the skin. It's thick when applied, which actually means you need more product to cover your face, but that thickness disappears into the skin. It does not make the skin feel like a hot gooey mess after a few hours.

It's supposed to be matte, but I find that it leaves a glowy effect. People are torn about this, some like it, some don't. I personally love it now that my skin is getting drier and more mature. I miss the glow of youth and this product gives just enough. 

It's also supposed to not leave a white cast, but it does. I'm not sure how it will look on darker skin. But on my currently darker than usual but still pale skin, it leaves a white cast that can look a little BB cream-like. It does not cover flaws, zero coverage, but it makes the skin just a tiny bit lighter upon application. 

My overly sensitive skin did not show any trace of irritation. Which is impressive because I tested this product during my hormonal days when anything causes a breakout. My skin, as I type, is bright, glowy, generally clear, and refreshingly not sticky. Skin also feels soft due to the light, creamy texture of the product.

Bottomline

I'm currently loving it, but I'm still giving it a few weeks to truly convince me. At P850 for a 35 mL tube, this can get expensive for daily wear. I would recommend this for skin with sensitivity and redness issues that need a good balance between brightening and mattifying. Four and a half stars out of Five.


 WHERE TO BUY

No comments:

Post a Comment