Wednesday, May 17, 2023

COSRX Galactomyces 95 Tone Balancing Essence - Honest Review

 



So I was on a thoughtless shopping spree, buying dozens of Korean skincare products like dozens of products would solve all my problems. I'll be reviewing each of them on separate posts. 

So I bought this thing because I have been wanting to buy retinol but was too distracted because of all the Korean product videos all over Facebook. I needed retinol. But social media marketing got the best of me. I ended up choosing between COSRX Snail Mucin Essence and COSRX Galactomyces Essence. I was effectively distracted, overwhelmed with information fatigue that I ended up buying Galactomyces against my better judgement. 

Now this thing isn't bad. In fact, it's an amazing product. It's just not the right product for my skin at its current demented era. 

Let's begin with why it's bad for my skin. I'm currently suffering from a fungal acne breakout. I haven't seen a derm yet. Because, also against my better judgement, I chose to hoard products instead of going to a doctor. I wore earrings one day a couple of weeks ago, completely disregarding the fact that no matter how pure and expensive and clean the earrings I wear, I will always end up with an itchy reaction along the sides of my face. This reaction is normally harmless and would go away as soon as I remove my earrings. BUT like clockwork, I would end up with fungal/yeast infection right were the rashes were. It's odd but it's always always what happens when I wear earrings. 

So long story short, it's been weeks and I still have fungal acne in random spots on my face. 

I know it's fungal because it's itchy. Also because it gets worse when I consume brewed food or drinks. Also because my usual acne products wouldn't touch them. Regular pimples would dry up with kojic acid or tretinoin or salicylic acid or tea tree oil. But fungal acne would not give a single f. Only sulfur can calm it down, and even with sulfur, it does not completely go away like the thug that it is. 

So. I've been ugly for a few weeks now. And it triggered my hoarding. And of all products, I ended up buying GALACTOMYCES FERMENT... which is... dun dun dun dun... a type of YEAST. 

Galactomyces Ferment gave me more pimples. Yeast gave me more yeast pimples. Huh. Who knew.

But let's not villainize an amazing product. If I can travel back in time and snatch away the earrings from my hands before I make the mistake of wearing them, my skin wouldn't be this shitty, and COSRX Galactomyces Essence would have done wondrous things. 

Galactomyces ferment is a type of yeast that is commonly used in skincare products. It is produced through the fermentation of rice, barley, or other grains using the galactomyces yeast strain. This process results in a nutrient-rich substance that is high in amino acids, enzymes, vitamins, and minerals.

Among its proven benefits, it helps brighten and even out skin tone, improve skin texture, and provide hydration. It is also thought to have anti-aging properties, as it can help to stimulate collagen production and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Additionally, galactomyces ferment has been shown to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to protect the skin from environmental damage and reduce inflammation.

I wish all that antioxidant-ing and anti-inflammatory-ing would negate all the yeast-ing. But no amount of positives would save my face. 

So bottomline, if you have normal, healthy, happy skin and you are not predisposed to yeast and fungal acne, give this a shot. The Korean product video promised me so much, I'd love to see that promise be fulfilled on a face even if it's not mine. In theory, this product would work wonders on skin that needs hydration, brightening, and anti-aging. Yes, I'm making product recommendations based on a marketing video. (I need to justify my hoarding.)

A bit of warning. This tends to be sticky and tacky, this is best worn at night in an airconditioned room. A small amount would work nicely for the crepey skin below the eye area for a smoother application of concealer. 

Bought this on sale from the official COSRX Shopee store for P630 from the SRP P1,050. 

No comments:

Post a Comment