Thursday, July 23, 2020

KB Glutathione Review

KB Kyosoku Bihaku Glutathione Review. Top beauty blog for acne, dark spots, aging skin, wrinkles and health. Price and benefits.


3rd on the series of oral glutathione reviews. (Mulan review here. Tathion review here.)

As mentioned previously, I was meaning to purchase Relumins glutathione, my absolute favorite of them all oral gluta brands. However, I keep getting distracted by sales and clever marketing tricks. I'm currently on KB Glutathione, and so I'd probably finish this whole month before actually getting Relumins.

This isn't my first time to take KB. I think for most of 2010/2011/2012 I was on this pill. I was generally satisfied with KB, but back in the day, I was fair. I had even-toned fair and bright skin and KB did its job in making it glow. I've taken KB in recent years for a month a couple of times only to discontinue because of inconvenience.

Quick review: KB lightens skin, but for some reason, it makes my skin look a pale shade of yellow/peach. While it used to be okay because I'd dye my hair blonde, and yellow/peach skin looked amazing with blonde hair, I now would rather go with a more neutral/blue shade of bright white skin to go with my jet black hair. Yellow just looks dull and sallow on older skin and darker hair.

I'm guessing this yellowish tinge isn't exactly from the glutathione, but from the Rosehips. IDK. I'm really just guessing. This yellowing doesn't happen with other brands. I find that with Relumins, my skin is more on the neutral/blue shade. And the only difference with KB is that it comes with 500 mg of Rosehips. I also did an experiment a while back - for an entire month, I only took the Rosehips, and found that my skin did turn yellowish.

I could really go without the Rosehips, but my stingy self wouldn't let me throw it away. Also, Rosehips is a good source of Vitamin C and antioxidants. The yellow tone fades as soon as I stop taking it anyway, so I guess I'll just take it along with the glutathione.

You might be wondering why I keep buying KB in spite of it turning my skin an unwanted shade of yellow. Answer: it often goes on sale. It remains to be the cheapest brand that actually delivers noticeable effects on the skin. Never mind the yellowing, it's still bright and even-toned skin.

Average market price is P1,200 (both online and at Mercury Drugstore) for a 30 day pack. It was selling for P199 for a 10 day pack, so I went and bought a 50 day pack for only P1,000. Now you see why I forgot about Relumins. I will remember Relumins after 50 days when my skin has gone yellow again.

BOTTOMLINE: I recommend KB Glutathione with Rosehips for younger people who can get away with a yellow undertone. It does look amazing for people with mestiza features, as KB brings out the peach tones in the face. Older people or those looking to get a more neutral shade of fair skin should look at other oral glutathione brands.

4 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment