Sunday, October 18, 2020

Dr. Farrah Bunch and Dr. Adam Smith fiasco

So I haven't been posting much lately. I mean, at all for an entire month. And it's mostly because I'm too busy that I couldn't find time for beauty products (yes, I've gotten ugly as a result!) But it's partly because of this very thing that Doctor Adam Smith is experiencing. 

I'm treading a fine, fine line here. I guess I'll just share these videos, which can speak for themselves. 



It's horrible how a real doctor with the best intentions can be bullied into silence. I am horrified by the pettiness. I am at a loss for words.

I have in the past years written with honesty about beauty products. Some of which were too honest that I'd get the nastiest comments from sellers. I do not understand how our society has come to this, with honest, well-meaning people getting bullied into silence just because the ones in the wrong have the money and connections. 

This tiny speck of space I have on the internet is a place where I intended to give beauty enthusiasts access to unbiased reviews and objective opinion. I feel though that at some point, I might have to give up doing what I'm doing just cause money talks and I don't really have bajillions of it.

Anyway, I guess instead of reviewing bad products, I'd instead advocate for good products. I'd pretend bad products don't exist lol. The best we could do though is to strive to be informed consumers and be more proactive - let's demand for products to be manufactured ethically! Let's start supporting brands that spend on research and development, instead of celebrity endorsements. Brands that care for the environment and public health.

I recently received a comment about a product review I posted. It's of an oral supplement with misleading labels. I found out who it was from and was not surprised that it's from an online seller. I removed my review only because I'm waiting for the proper authorities to question its claims. I once posted about a popular skin bleaching product that turned out to have mercury and other harmful ingredients in it. It took some time before the FDA called on its bullshit. I enjoyed reading apologies from online sellers, especially the ones who so bravely claimed their products are safe even for breastfeeding mothers.

There's a special place in the after life for people who put others in harm's way just to make a profit. They might enjoy bajillions of pesos and dollars in this life, but they're getting what they truly deserve sooner or later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment